Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 7 - Death Mountain

As I walked up the path to Death Mountain, I encountered my first Goron up on the cliff. He shouted at me that no human was going to get past him. I huffed and climed up the metal wires. As I got up, I saw him roll himself into a ball like an armadillo and roll towards me. I put my hands out to stop him, like I would a ranch goat, but he knocked me right off the cliff. Seering pain shot itself through my back and I groaned. He shouted that I should have listened then walked away. I got up and rubbed my back. I wasn't going to be able to get past them like this. I needed help. I ran back down the path and called for Epona. I knew exactly who to go to, I thought as I hopped on.

I high-tailed it all the way back to my village, Ordon. As I pulled Epona to a stop in front of my house, I took an a big breath of the village air. It smelled as sweet as ever. I gave Epona a quick pat then took off for the mayor's house. I knocked on the door, waited a couple seconds and saw the door creak open. The mayor, as stout as ever, had a huge smile on his face and welcomed me in. He asked me of Ilia and I didn't know what to say. He sighed and shook his head, saying nevermind. After a few seconds of silence, I asked him to help me with the Gorons. He looked at me funny then agreed. They tested strength so I had to do a few sumo wrestling matches with him. After I beat him two times, he gave me iron boots. He said they would help. I thanked him, ran out, got on Epona, and high-tailed it back to Death Mountain.

I arrived, once again, at the entrance to the Mountain and slowly got off of Epona. I patted her and I ran up the mountain trail. I confronted the Goron again, with him calling me a pathetically stubborn human. I quickly strapped on the iron boots and he rolled toward me. This time, I grabbed him and threw him off the cliff. I dusted my hands off and took off the boots. Victory was in the bag. I smoothly climbed up to the top of Death Mountian, slicing and throwing Gorons all over the place. When I arrived at the top to meet with the elder, I strapped on the boots, walked in and saw six Gorons about to kill me. The elder shouted enough and walked out. He gave me a weird smile and chuckled when I challanged him. He agreed. I got ready and I beat him easy. He said that I worthy to go through and save the Patriarch.

I ran through the door, only, once again, to be confronted by a mass of doorways and monsters. It was another dungeon. I shouldn't have been so surprised. I ran around, slicing up everything in my path, with the ocasionally case of using my iron boots to walk on the ceiling and walls. As I got to the doorway of the final battle, I found a bow and some arrows. I was excited and put it in a place where I could grab it easily. When through two more doors, and arrived at the boss's door. I put the main key it and the chain fell to the ground. The door opened and I ran inside. Inside was the most fearsome looking creature I've ever seen. It opened its eyes, roared, lit itself on fire, and broke loose from its chains. I admit, I was a bit freaked out. After a few minutes of fight, roaring, pulling, and falling, I finally freed the patriarch from the Twilight's curse. A shadow piece came flying out and Midna grabbed it. She giggled and asked me to get ready to go. She warped me out of the dungeon and back to the village. It was time to head off to our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment