Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 2 - Ordon

I woke up to some of the village kids shouting outside my house. It seemed as though the entire village took pleasure in waking me up every morning. I walked outside to hear them talking about a slingshot up for sale. I was intrigued and had to see for myself. While walking to the shop, the shopkeeper's husband was throwing rocks at a bee hive way above his house. I smiled to myself as he continued. I knew that that soon would not end well. I walked in the store only to see that the shopkeeper was too depressed about her cat being gone to help me out. I sighed and walked out of the store.

While walking alongside the river, one of our woman villagers, Colin's pregnant mother, was looking quite sad herself. I walked up and looked at her. She told me one of the troublemaking monkeys had taken her baby's cradle. I looked around and saw it jumping and squeaking across the river. She told me that if I got it for her, she would give me the fishing rod Colin had made me. I nodded in agreement and sought after a way to get the cradle back.

As I thought, I dug up some rupees by throwing some of our pumpkins around. One of the villagers laying on top of a hill looking thing yelled to not waste food. A few seconds later, he said he wanted to talk to me. So I climbed the vines up to him and he explained about a plant next to him. I picked it up and played it. A hawk came swooping down from the sky. I held my arm out and it landed gently down. It was heavier then I had planned. I suddenly got the idea of the hawk helping out with the baby cradle across the river and the bee hive. I sent it after the baby cradle first and it was successfully retrieved. I then brought the hawk back and got it to knock down the bee hive. Another success!

I climbed back down, baby cradle in hand, and returned it to Colin's mother. She was extremely pleased with me and handed over the fishing pole. I then knew how to bring back the shopkeeper's cat. I went over to the dock where it had been laying and began to fish. On my second catch, it leaped up and stole it! It ran all the way back to the shop, clinging to the fish with all its might. I ran after it and found the shopkeeper feeding it milk inside, a fresh smile apon her face. As I bought the slingshot, she handed me a half-full bottle of milk and told me to drink it whenever I was feeling down.

Ad I returned to my house, the villager I had been talking to at the spring the other day told me he had dropped something off at his house. I nodded and he continued on. One of the kids, Tola, walked up to me and asked me if I had bought the slingshot. I nodded and a look of envy swept over his face. They begged me to try it out, so, I shot a few targets for them. I then went inside to see what the villager had brought me. I opened up the chest and pulled out a wooden sword. I walked outside and Tola immediatly demanded what Colin's dad, the villager, had given me. I showed him the sword and the three of them asked me to show them some moves. I obliged and quickly demostrated some fighting techquices. While fighting, a monkey appeared and one of the two boys ran off! His younger brother and the girl followed quickly after. I did as well only to realize that one of them had been taken hostage by some strange creatures in the woods. I rescued them and safely brought them back.

I returned to my home to recieve a large thanks from Colin's father. I nodded and smiled. I knew he hated such burdens to fall to me but I didn't mind. I returned to my house and fell asleep, exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment